So, we all know and love our childhood favorites like grilled cheese, mozzarella sticks, pizza, and chocolate chip cookies. But who’s to say we can’t amp them up and take them to the next level? Here are 3 recipes showing how to do just that!
- Grilled Cheese Pizza, yes you read that right. Two of my personal favorites made into one cheesy package of heaven.
- Sliced bread
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Extra toppings to your liking (pepperoni, sausage, olives, peppers, etc.)!
- Heat your pan and melt enough butter to coat the bottom.
- Add your two slices of bread to the pan.
- Spread a spoonful of pizza sauce (or however much you like) on each piece of bread.
- Add the cheese to both sides and let it begin to melt.
- This step is optional, but once the cheese begins to melt, you can add any other toppings so they don’t fall out of our sand which.
- Put your two sides together and let them toast to your heart’s desire! Enjoy!
2.Cheese Stuffed Doritos: Prepare yourself for a life-changing meal that may or may not clog your arteries. This is a hybrid of Nacho Cheese Doritos and Mozzarella sticks.
- 2 lb block of cheddar cheese
- 2 bags of Doritos (3 cups of Doritos crumbs)
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 ½ cups all purpose white flour
- 4 eggs
- Oil for frying
- Cut half inch squares of cheese out of your block, then cut those squares diagonally to make triangles.
- Crush your Doritos by hand or with a food processor to make a Doritos breading.
- Add the black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder to your Doritos crumbs then combine well.
- Crack 4 eggs into a bowl and whisk them together, then put the flour in a separate bowl.
- Coat the cheese triangles with the flour, then the egg wash and then into the Doritos crumbs.
- After all of the cheese is coated, put the triangles on a baking sheet and put them in the freezer for 4 hours to make sure the cheese doesn’t spill out when you fry them.
- Fry the triangles for about 1-2 minutes or until golden brown then set on a paper towel to soak the excess oil. Eat up!
3. Chocolate chip cookies are a childhood favorite that continue grow on us with age. Ever been too lazy to dip your cookie into milk? Well I’ve come to your rescue with the oh-so-tasty chocolate chip cookie shots.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
You can also use pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough.
- 1 cup dark-chocolate candy melts
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and grease your popover pan (a pan that has cup molds) with baking spray. If you used pre-made dough skip ahead to step 6.
- Cream together the shortening, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract to the mix and combine well.
- Gradually add the flour and salt and continue to combine.
- When everything is well combined, fold in the chocolate chips. The dough should be crumbly.
- Now, take the cookie dough and form the cookie shots inside the walls of the molds. They should be about a ¼ inch thick.
- Chill the dough for about 30 minutes before you bake.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cookies begin to brown.
- Let the cookies cool completely.
- Melt the candy melts and put enough of the melted chocolate to coat the inside of each cookie completely. Let the chocolate set until firm.
- Combine the milk and vanilla extract and serve in each cookie.