The most controversial holiday is among us; V-Day. Some love it and some loathe it, but either way we’re drinking to it. Sure, chocolate and roses are nice, but they are even better when served with a Chocolate Strawberry Martini. Regardless if you’re spending the evening with your special someone, a group of girlfriends, or celebrating by yourself, these cocktails are sure to sweeten your holiday. Pick one of these 11 recipes to create the perfect love potion. Ingredients: one cocktail shaker, a dose of alcohol, and a pinch of love.
1. The Sweetie Martini
If you want to “set the mood,” then this is the perfect martini for you and your sweetheart. The creamy consistency and vanilla and chocolate flavors give you the taste of a melted-down adult milkshake.
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 2 ounces Godiva white chocolate liqueur
- 1 ounce Amaretto liqueur
- ½ ounce grenadine
- 2 ounces of half and half
- Mix the ingredients together in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- For an extra touch, coat the rim of the martini glass with honey and dip it in sprinkles or pink or red sugar.
Adapted by inspiredbycharm.com.
2. Lady In Red
If your ideal Valentine’s Day is spent clinking glasses with a group of your best girlfriends, then whip up a batch of these coconut strawberry daiquiris and cheers to good company.
- 2 ounces coconut rum
- 1 ounce black spiced rum
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 ounces frozen strawberries
- Whipped cream
- Mix coconut rum, spiced rum, lime juice, sugar, and strawberries in a high-powered blender until it reaches a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Pour into serving glasses and top with whipped cream. Serve.
Adapted by foodfanatic.com.
3. Love Potion #9
If you’re headed out to dinner with a night of plans ahead of you then tip-off your Valentine’s Day celebrations with a Blood-Red Sangria cocktail. The citrusy martini will give you the perfect buzz to set the tone for the remainder of your evening.
Sangria Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup dark sweet cherries (stemmed, pitted, and halved)
- 1 stick cinnamon
- Strips of orange peel
- Mix ingredients in a 1 ½ quart saucepan and heat to boiling. Let the mixture simmer for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer and let cool until ready to serve.
Sangria Martini Cocktails
- 3 tablespoons citrus vodka
- 2 tablespoons (clear) orange-flavored liqueur
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, vodka, and liqueur.
- Shake mixture and strain into a martini glass.
- Drizzle cocktail with Sangria simple syrup and garish with a cherry.
Adapted from bettycrocker.com.
4. Red Hot
When your evening plans draw to an end and you’re ready to head home, try afor a post-dinner pick me up.
- 2 ounces raspberry vodka
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 1 ounce orange liqueur
- Splash of grenadine
- Shake vodka, lime juice, liqueur, and ice cubes in a cocktail shaker and strain into glass.
- Add a slash of grenadine and raspberries for a sweeter taste.
Adapted from bhg.com.
5. Afternoon Delight
To put the “day” in Valentine’s Day, start your morning off with a Bailey’s Cool Raspberry.
- 2 ounces Bailey’s Original Irish Cream
- 8 raspberries
- Place 4 raspberries at the bottom of a rock glass.
- Top with crushed ice and add Bailey’s Irish Cream.
Adapted from blisstree.com.
6. Cupid’s Cocktail
If you find yourself as the hostess rather than the guest for this Valentine’s Day dinner party, don’t fret. Pomegranate Caipiroskas are sure to bring everyone the proper holiday cheer.
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup fine sugar
- 16 lime wedges
- 16 ounces vodka
- 8 ounces seltzer
- Divide seeds, sugar, and lime among 8 glasses.
- Muddle until the sugar dissolves, and then top with vodka, ice, and seltzer.
Adapted from marthastewart.com.
7. Blow Job Martini
If you’re feeling extra kinky this Valentine’s Day, then this blow job martini is a MUST.
- 1.5 ounces KINKY liqueur
- 1 ounce bubble gum flavored vodka
- 1 ounce pink lemonade
- Splash of Sprite
- Mix KINKY liqueur, vodka, pink lemonade, and sprite with ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Strain into martini glass, coat rim with red sugar sprinkles, and garnish with a sucker or “blow” pop.
Adapted from thenovicechefblog.com.
8. Valentine’s Day Margarita
There’s no better way to spice up your love life this Valentine’s Day than with a V-Day inspired margarita.
- 2 ounces white tequila
- 1 ounce peach schnapps
- ½ ounce grenadine
- 4 ounces margarita mix
- 3 ounces cranberry juice
- Scoop of whipped cream
- Combine tequila, schnapps, grenadine, margarita mix, cranberry juice, whipped cream and ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour mixture over the rocks and top with extra whipped cream.
Adapted from susantuttlephotography.com.
9. Cupid’s Cocktail
Who says Valentine’s Day needs to be an extravagant night out. If you plan on spending a relaxing and romantic evening with your significant other, then kick back, relax, and treat yourself to a Garnet Crow.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces Captain Morgan spiced rum
- 1 ounce peach juice
- 1 ounce pear juice
- 1 ounce plum juice
- ½ ounce Blue Curacao
- Mix ingredients together and pour into a chilled wine glass.
- Garnish with mint sprigs or fruit. Serve.
Adapted by mixthatdrink.com.
10. The Flirtini
If your ideal Valentine’s Day entails basking in all things chocolate, then this Hugs n’ Kisses Martini is the perfect drink for you.
- Chocolate syrup
- 1 ½ ounces Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur
- 1 ½ ounces chocolate vodka
- 2 ½ ounces half and half
- First, dip the rim of your martini glass in chocolate syrup and Valentine’s sprinkles, drizzle syrup inside your glass, and place glass in freezer to chill.
- Then pour Godiva White Chocolate liqueur, chocolate vodka, half and half, and ice into a shaker and mix well.
- Pour mixture into chilled glass and garnish with Hershey’s Hugs milk chocolate candies.
Adapted from homeiswheretheboatis.com.
Whether you are single AF, or just want to celebrate the holiday like you are, there is no shame in curling up on your coach with a blanket, Netflix, and a spiked Red Velvet milkshake.
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 3 tablespoons Red Velvet cake mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ounce Pinnacle cake batter vodka
- Blend ingredients together until smooth.
- Substitute cake batter ice cream for a more “cakey” taste and top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
Adapted from pizzazzerie.com.