Buttered noodles are boring. Mac and cheese gets old. You won’t ever make spaghetti as good as your mom’s spaghetti. So why not try making a pasta sauce out of your favorite hot sauce?
“Hot sauce must be hot. If you don’t like it hot, use less” – David Tran.
- Huy Fong Sriracha
- ½ box of 8-ounce pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Chicken sausage or shrimp (optional)
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- On low heat, melt butter in medium saucepan.
- Once butter is melted and distributed evenly across pan, add heavy cream (if you don’t have heavy cream, half & half for coffee works too). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add battered egg yolk and stir thoroughly on low heat.
- Let sauce simmer for about 3 minutes, but make sure not to overheat or burn.
- Add a generous amount of Sriracha.
- Optional: add grilled chicken sausage or shrimp to sauce.
- Once pasta is cooked and strained, add directly to saucepan and stir pasta until thoroughly covered. Enjoy!