the ultimate food high
While a classic pecan pie and warm gingerbread cookie will always be scrumptious, this holiday season we encourage you to adventure beyond the traditional holiday go-tos. This delectable dessert will have you hooked with fresh pear slices and irresistible Italian almond macaroons.
—Alexa Diaz, contributing writer at Baked. Follow Alexa on Twitter @alexalucina.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
• 6 peeled Bartlett pears, cored and sliced
• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
• ½ cup and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 12 amaretti cookies (Italian almond macaroons)
• 6 tablespoons chilled butter
• 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Adapted from cookinglight.com.
This story was originally featured in Baked’s Fall 2014 issue. To read more, click here.