the ultimate food high
The Recipages feature in our Fall 2014 issue celebrates everything the winter season brings: warm roasts, snuggly soups… But just because it offers up tried-and-true classics doesn’t mean they have to be boring.
Creamy, cheesy, and delicious, this cozy soup finds its perfect match with roasted apple chunks. We promise, it’s sure to impress your guests this holiday season.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
• 4 apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
• 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
• 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
• 1 cup milk or cream
• 1 cup aged white cheddar, shredded
• 1 tablespoon grainy dijon mustard
• salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from closetcooking.com.
This story was originally featured in Baked’s Fall 2014 issue. To read more, click here.