Want to still taste the flavors of Thanksgiving without all the calories that come with it? Try this recipe from She Well to get the holiday flavors without the post-meal regret.
Skinny Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup 100% pure pumpkin
- ) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease or line a muffin tin.
2.) Place the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and mix well.
3.) Add the melted coconut oil, water and pure pumpkin to the dry mix and stir until all ingredients are blended.
4.) Using a spoon, add the batter to the muffin tins. Once the batter has been distributed evenly, lightly wet the back side of the spoon and smooth over the top of each muffin. Bake in oven for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 6 Muffins: 147 Calories, 3g fat, 30g carbs, 1g fiber, 17g sugar, 2g protein