Sometimes running from class to class leaves you with little time to eat, which isn’t ideal especially when you’re trying to focus in class and maintain your overall happiness. To avoid getting hangry, keep these snacks in your dorm or on the go in your backpack to eat throughout the day!
- Because it can be difficult to always have access to fresh fruit, dried apples with peanut butter are a great substitute for your in-between-class snack. Not only are dried apples not fattening at all (as long as there isn’t added sugar), but they taste great too! Dip them in some crunchy peanut butter to keep you full through your 2 hour lecture so you aren’t the one whose stomach is making weird noises.
- If you can get your hands on some fresh fruits and veggies, carrots with different dips like hummus or even salsa are a great way to snack while studying. Because we all know that when we open a bag of chips we sometimes, maybe always, finish the entire thing in one sitting, while mindlessly reaching into the bag. Carrots are a guilt-free, mindless snack that you can take them on the go in a ziplock bag!
- Trying to be fancy while snacking on a budget? Try mini rice cakes with jelly and cheese. Not only is it a cheap way to have a cocktail party snack, but it is delicious too. My favorite is strawberry jelly with mozzarella cheese on a plain rice cake. It feels decadent but isn’t that many calories. It also looks nice too!
- For a quick on-the-go snack when you have nothing in your room, grab a smoothie from Strong Hearts to fill you up in between dining hall binges. Strong Hearts uses real fruit and vegetables in their smoothies, making them as tasty as possible. My personal favorite is the Green Machine, with avocado, spinach, agave, almond milk and banana. Seriously, avocado in a smoothie is the best thing ever.
- For a light breakfast/mid morning snack, yogurt is a must. Protein keeps you full and with so many different flavors, it is easy to never get bored of yogurt. Try Chobani Flip, yogurt on one side and fruit, or indulgent dark chocolate or cinnamon crunch granola on the other. For fall, Chobani has flavors like Apple Crisp Twist and Pumpkin Harvest Crisp to keep you in shape while indulging!
- Scared of being responsible for the fire alarm going off? Then instead of burning your microwave popcorn, turn to Skinny Pop’s individual sized snack bags! Not only are they a mere 100 calories, but they are AMAZING. and by eating from an individual sized bag you won’t stuff your face! Skinny Pop has so many flavors too. Ffrom “Naturally Sweet” to “Jalapeño” you’ll want to try them all.
- If you feel like a sweet treat, but don’t want to end your healthy streak, Justin’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are the right choice. With all natural peanut butter and no chemicals, these are sure to hit the spot. You could alsoOr try frozen greek yogurt pops, like the ones from Yasso, for a sweet night time treat that’s only 100 calories!