-Chazz Inniss, Digital Director
Pot brownies. They’re chewy, chocolaty and just a bit floral. They are the easiest way to get high.
But, have you ever felt like there was way to class it up a bit?
Mario Batali, a celebrity chef and host on The Chew on ABC, has just graced the world with his take on pot brownies.
Take a bite and take a journey.
Mario Batali’s Double Chocolate Pot Brownies
- ½ cup butter, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 2.5 grams high quality marijuana, cleaned and ground (optional/but totally worth it)
- ½ cup Dutch-process unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz milk-chocolate chips
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 2 extra-large eggs
- ¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Grease an 8-by 8-inch baking pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter, the marijuana, and cocoa powder, stirring continuously until the butter is just melted. Use a rubber spatula to transfer the cocoa mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Let the cocoa mixture cool for 2 minutes. Add the sugar, chocolate chips, and vanilla and stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Add the eggs 1 at a time, stirring so that each is well combined. Add the flour and stir until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake on the center tack for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with tiny crumbs.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar, cut into 9 squares, and serve. Or, store for up to 2 days in a tightly-sealed plastic container.
***PRO-TIP from the High Times
“To achieve true edibles potency, marijuana must be heated to 240ºF for at least an hour in order for the plant’s natural THCa to be transformed into the THC we all know and love.”
Make sure to strain out the plant matter as well to avoid eating glorified soil.