Microwaveable Breakfast Mug Meals
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but between late night studying and early morning classes, most of us skip it altogether. Mug desserts have been trending for a while, but breakfast mugs are even better – they are quick, easy, and efficient. All you have to do is mix your ingredients, pop the mug in the microwave, and go! Just make sure the mug you use is microwave safe.
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tablespoon salsa of your choice
- ½ of an avocado, sliced
- Into your mug, crack 2 eggs and whisk them together.
- Add the salt, pepper, and cheese, then stir well.
- Microwave on high for 1 ½-2 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Top with the sliced avocado and salsa. Eat up!
Fully Loaded Potatoes
- 4-5 small red potatoes washed and cubed.
- ¼ water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 slices cooked bacon (if you want to cook your bacon in the microwave instead of frying, put a paper towel on a plate and lay your bacon on the paper towel. Place another paper towel on top and microwave for 5 minutes, or until crispy).
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon green onion, diced
- Add the potatoes and water to your mug
- Microwave on high for 6 to 8 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain any excess water; add the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir to completely coat all potatoes.
- Sprinkle the bacon and cheese on top of the potatoes.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, or until the cheese melts.
- Top with sour cream and cheddar cheese.
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups bread of your choice cut into cubes (I suggest cinnamon raisin)
- Maple syrup, powdered sugar, cinnamon (optional)
- Whisk together egg, milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in mug.
- Add the bread cubes and coat them all with the mixture.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until the bread absorbs all of the liquid mixture.
- Top with maple syrup, powdered sugar, cinnamon or whatever you’d like, and eat up!