Looking for a way to use up all those apples you picked at Beak & Skiff this weekend? Or do you just love apples? Either way, try out this adapted Ina Garten French apple tart recipe.
1 frozen puff pastry sheet
½ cup sugar
4 tablespoons (1/4 stick) cold unsalted butter, small-diced
½ cup apricot jelly
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Defrost frozen puff pastry sheet.
- Line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place dough on sheet pan.
- Peel and cut apples in half, remove stem and core, and slice apples crosswise in ¼-inch thick slices. Place overlapping slices diagonally down the middle of the tart until pastry is covered with apple slices.
- Sprinkle tart with ½ cup sugar and dot with butter.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, until the pastry is browned. Rotate the pan halfway through baking.
- Heat ½ cup apricot jelly.
- Brush the whole tart with apricot jelly.