If you’re going home for spring break, invade your parents’ kitchen and make these super cute vanilla cupcakes for your fam. As if you need another reason to eat cupcakes, these are fluffy, light, and delicious. This recipe makes 12 cupcakes that are perfect for any occasion, including lounging on the couch all week.
For the cupcakes:
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup plus 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup almond or soy milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- ½ cup vegan shortening (like Earth Balance)
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons almond or soy milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease or line a cupcake tray with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients together, and then mix the wet ingredients in a smaller bowl. Pour the wet mixture into the dry, and whisk until combined (do not over mix!). Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While they cupcakes bake in the oven, use an electric mixer to combine all the ingredients for the frosting. Be sure to let the cupcakes completely cool before frosting.
3 thoughts on “Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes”
Great Post! My birthday is coming up so I can’t wait to try out this recipe for then!
omg I didn’t know you could do that vegan!! I’m so happy now thanks for sharing 🙂
So excited to make these! They look delicious! 🙂 xx, Jen @jensav11