McDonald’s stops serving breakfast at 10:30 am. This is criminally on par with the fact that Chipotle doesn’t believe in delivery. Because McDonald’s hasn’t complied with my multiple requests to push their breakfast schedule back to a more reasonable time (i.e, all day), I haven’t had a McGriddle in five years. In retribution for those who want a decent breakfast sandwich after 10:30 in the morning, I present this concoction which is almost as good as the McGriddle.
“What are you talking about? We’re FOUR seconds late.”
“No, you’re 30 minutes and four seconds late. We stopped serving breakfast at 10:30.” – Big Daddy.
- 1 toasted bagel
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 3 slices ham
- 1 slice extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk one egg. Add garlic powder, basil and onion powder while continuing to whisk.
- In a cast iron skillet, fry—don’t scramble—egg in olive oil on medium heat.
- On the other side of the skillet, fry slices of ham for an added crisp.
- Once egg is lightly browned, add a slab of sharp cheddar on top and then add crisped ham on top of cheese, essentially creating a sandwich with egg and ham as the bread and melted cheese as the meat.
- Enclose ham, egg and cheese between a toasted bagel and enjoy.