Let’s be realistic. If your Valentine’s Day will be spent hopping from one tailgate to the next and screaming “BEAT DUKE!” until you lose your voice, then these pink champagne jello shots are the only way to balance the national holiday with our Syracuse holiday.
- 1 bottle pink champagne
- 1 cup Amaretto liqueur
- 4 envelopes Knox gelatin
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 drop of pink/red food coloring
- Heart shaped mini cookie cutter
- Pour 2 cups pink champagne in a medium sized sauce pan (no heat yet) and adding 4 envelopes of gelatin. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- On medium heat, stir with a fork or whisk until the gelatin dissolves. Add 4 tablespoons sugar. Whisk until dissolved. Turn down the heat to a simmer.
- Next, spray a 9″ x 13″ brownie pan with cooking spray. In a separate bowl pour 1 cup Amaretto and 1 cup pink champagne. Add a drop of pink or red food coloring so you don’t lose the pretty pink champagne color. Add Amaretto mix to you your hot champagne mix and then add to brownie pan. Refrigerate overnight.
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, slowly and carefully remove your V-day-themed jello shots. Refrigerate until serving.