Pumpkin Brownies (That Don’t Taste Like Pumpkin)
If you’re sick of the pumpkin mania that occurs in October but keep seeing canned pumpkin sales at Tops, here’s a vegan recipe that packs in the nutrition of the fall fruit without the flavor. The addition of pumpkin purée to this insanely good brownie recipe makes it smooth, decadent, and ten times healthier.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or other if gluten-free)
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 stick Earth Balance butter (or regular butter if not vegan)
- 3 oz. dark chocolate (I used Baker’s semi-sweet)
- 1 cup pure pumpkin purée
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, melt together the butter, chocolate, pumpkin, and sugar; stir. Add the flour to the chocolate mixture until combined.
- Bake in an 8×8″ pan for 18-20 minutes.
(Adapted from sundaymorningbananapancakes.yummly.com)