Simple Spinach Salad
In honor of college football—and the fact that I consumed my weight in junk food at the SU vs. Notre Dame game at MetLife Saturday—I’m going on a bit of a health kick. Starting with this awesome spinach salad.
- 3 eggs
- 1 package bacon (Because healthy eating doesn’t have to totally suck!)
- 1 package white mushrooms
- 1 small red onion
- 10 oz. baby spinach (Regular spinach is fine, too—baby spinach is just easier to eat.)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil eggs and allow to cool before peeling and chopping into ¼-inch cubes.
- Cook about half the bacon according to package directions and chop into ½-inch pieces.
- Slice mushrooms and red onion. Wash, dry, and remove the stems from baby spinach, and place in salad bowl, adding eggs, bacon, mushrooms, and onions on top.
- Mix olive oil, vinegar, sugar, and a dash each of salt and pepper together to make dressing. Pour over salad, toss and serve.