Bell Pepper, Onion and Pesto Crostini Recipe
Take this recipe to the grill for your hottest summer cookout yet.
Time: 90 minutes
- 1 baguette
- 6 assorted red, yellow, and orange bell peppers
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- ½ cup pesto
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice baguette into thin rounds. Place on a large baking sheet, brush with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake until crostinis are pale golden, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Add oil to a medium pot over low heat. Cook bell peppers, onions, garlic, and salt until softened, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cover pot and continue to cook until vegetables are starting to brown, 20 to 25 minutes more. Stir in vinegar and remove from heat.
- Spread pesto on baguettes and place about 2 tablespoons of the pepper mixture on top.
(Adapted from July 2002 issue of Gourmet, as listed at epicurious.com.)
This recipe was originally featured in Baked’s Spring 2015 issue. Grab your copy on campus today!