Even if you’ve never been to Trader Joe’s (in which case you’re a martian from Jupiter), chances are you’ve heard of the magically delicious Speculoos Cookie Butter. This spiced biscuit spread will leave you wanting more with every single spoonful. If you’re able to stop yourself from devouring the whole jar, you can easily use it in desserts for added depth and sweetness.
Sunny Hernandez, blogger of foryourpiesonly.com and the Community Engagement Lead at Syracuse.com, perfected the art of cookie butter’s charm with this addictive no-bake pie. Its creamy gingersnap filling and Oreo crust make for serious cookie overload. Trust us, it’s to die for.
For the crust:
- One storebought Oreo cookie crust
For the filling:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy Trader Joe’s Speculoos Cookie Butter
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar, split into two half cups
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups heavy cream, whipped
- Grated chocolate or chocolate cookie crumbs
- Chocolate syrup for topping, optional
- In a medium-sized bowl, whip the heavy cream with automatic beaters until it holds soft peaks. Add ½ cup of confectioner’s sugar until stiff. Wash and dry beaters.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, cookie butter, remaining ½ cup of confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add ⅓ cup whipped cream and beat until mixed. Fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Gently spoon into crust. Garnish with chocolate or cookie crumbs if desired. Refrigerate or freeze for 2 hours before serving.