In lieu of the Downtown Committee of Syracuse’s 40th birthday, the city is having a yearlong celebration. Each month highlights a new theme and February’s theme is our favorite yet; restaurants.
This Monday, February 16th marked the kick-off Downtown Syracuse’s 11th Annual Downtown Dining Weeks. The two-week food fest, sponsored by Renzi and the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, will run until March 1st. Dining Weeks features 27* restaurants in Armory Square and the general downtown area. Upon choosing a restaurant, participants in this special frenzy will be served a prix fixe menu, including one appetizer, entrée, and dessert, for $25 or less (bang for your buck, amirite?). This specific week has become increasingly popular since it started in 2005, so making reservations ahead of time is recommended.
This unique dining experience is the perfect opportunity to enjoy a full-course at one of your favorite joints, or test out a new Syracuse hot spot and take a stab at local restaurant’s proudest items. “Ultimately, Dining Week is a chance to showcase all of the high quality restaurants that make this area such a unique dining destination,” said Alice Maggiore, the communications coordinator at Downtown Syracuse.
Participating restaurants range from upscale bistros to cozy diners, breakfast foods to pub fare, Italian to barbecue, and plenty more. Additionally, this year, six new restaurants including Modern Malt, Byblos Bar & Grill, Funk ‘n Waffles, LoFo, Maxwell’s, and Bamboo House will be onboard. Other establishments, like Black Olive Mediterranean Taverna and Byblos Mediterranean Café, will be offering a different menu during the first week and the second. Some restaurants like The Mission, Pastabilities, Small Plates, and others have their set-menus posted online.
Here’s a complete list of participating restaurants:
- 317 at Montgomery, 317 Montgomery St., (315) 214-4267.
- Ale ‘N Angus Pub, 238 Harrison St., (315) 426-9672, Menu.
- Bamboo House, 252 W. Genesee St., (315) 424-8800.
- Bistro Elephant Steakhouse, 238 W. Jefferson St., (315) 475-1111.
- Bittersweet Wine & Dessert Bar, 127 W. Fayette St., (315) 474-9463.
- Black Olive Mediterranean Taverna, 250 S. Clinton St., (315) 399-5599, Menu Week 1, Menu Week 2.
- Bull & Bear Pub, 125 E. Water St., (315) 701-3064, Menu.
- Byblos Bar & Grill, 316 S. Clinton St., (315) 299-6512, Menu, Bar Menu.
- Byblos Mediterranean Cafe, 223 N. Clinton St., (315) 478-3333, Menu Week 1, Menu Week 2.
- Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, 246 W. Willow St., (315) 476-4937, Menu.
- Empire Brewing Company, 120 Walton St., (315) 475-2337, Menu.
- Funk ‘n Waffles, 307 S. Clinton St., (315) 474-1060.
- Indian Tandoor, 232 Harrison St., (315) 565-4099, Menu.
- Kitty Hoynes Irish Pub, 301 W. Fayette St., (315) 424-1974.
- Lemon Grass, 238 W. Jefferson St., (315) 475-1111.
- LoFo, 214 Walton St., (315) 422-1974
- Maxwell’s, 122 E. Genesee St., (315) 299-6633, Menu.
- The Mission, 304 E. Onondaga St., (315) 475-7344, Menu.
- Modern Malt, 325 S. Clinton St., (315) 471-6258.
- Namu, 215 Walton St., (315) 475-0220, Menu.
- Otro Cinco, 208 S. Warren St., (315) 422-6876, Menu.
- Pastabilities, 311 S. Franklin St., (315) 474-1153, Menu.
- Prime Steakhouse, 101 E. Water St., (315) 299-8047, Menu.
- Sakana-Ya Sushi Bar, 215 Walton St., (315) 475-0117, Menu.
- Small Plates, 116 Walton St., (315) 373-0031, Menu, Wine Menu.
- Syracuse Suds Factory, 320 S. Clinton St., (315) 471-2253.
- Tang Flavor, 413 S. Warren St., (315) 472-0279, Menu.