No-Bake Bites: OREO Balls
Welcome to heaven. These truffles consist of a velvety center made of cream cheese and Oreos, coated in crunchy, rich chocolate. Only calling for three ingredients, this simple no-bake treat is bomb diggity—it basically redefines perfection.
—Teresa Sabga, co-editor-in-chief of Baked Magazine. Follow Teresa on Twitter and Instagram @teresamarias.
- 1 package of 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies
- 2 Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bars (4 oz. each)
- Crush OREO cookies into fine bits (My suggestion: throw them into a Ziploc bag and walk on it for a minute).
- Mix together OREO crumbs and cream cheese until there are no loose crumbs and no visible white clumps from the cream cheese.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, wax paper, or silicone.
- Using a small cookie scoop, shape 1 tablespoon bite-sized balls out of the dough onto the cookie sheet. Smooth each ball by rolling in the palm of your hands.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate bars according to the package directions.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the freezer and dip balls in melted chocolate, placing in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Highly adaptable for the holidays, these truffles can be topped with sprinkles, candy canes, drizzled white chocolate, or whatever tickles your fancy.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to cool and harden.
- Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.
For more advice and tips from OREO’s head office, meet Andy, VP of cookie balls: