I am not a picky eater, except when it comes to salad—more specifically, salad dressing. Caesar salad dressing is the only pre-made one that I can stomach. By extension, Caesar salad (preferably with chicken) is my favorite type of salad. I probably eat some version of it at least twice a week, but it’s not ideal when I need a meal on the go. Enter the chicken Caesar salad sandwich.
- 2 slices of your bread of choice (I like honey wheat)
- 2 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces thinly sliced chicken breast (if you can’t find this you can also use turkey)
- 2-3 leaves romaine lettuce
- Toast both slices of bread in the toaster. Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl; you can add salt and pepper to taste, if you like.
- Spread the mixture on both slices of bread. Pile chicken and lettuce on one slice of bread. Top with the other slice and serve.