A tasty treat to spice up your fall
By Kristy Kim
Rice Krispie treats are an all time favorite, and what better way to spice up our favorite snack by adding some pumpkin to it! Fall is finally here, and it is time to turn all our favorite dishes into a fall themed treat! This recipe, inspired by the blog Mom Makes Joy, is very simple and requires easy to get ingredients that can be found in your pantry. These treats are perfect to make for your friends and neighbors!
- 4 tbsp of butter
- 4 tbsp of pumpkin puree
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows (easier to melt)
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Pumpkin pie spice to your liking (we did about 2 tsp)
- Optional: orange food coloring
- Melt the butter in a pan, then add the pumpkin puree.
- Then melt your marshmallows and add your spices and vanilla.
- When combined, then add your rice krispies and mix it all together.
- Then you can lay it out on a flat surface and cut it out into fun pumpkin shapes if you want to elevate your treats into something more fall themed and enjoy!