Seniors, don’t graduate without completing Baked’s Ultimate Grub Guide. (And freshman, sophomores, and juniors, time flies before you know it, so get started today!)
1. Conquer Mother’s Cupboard Fish Fry’s six-pound frittata challenge and have your beautiful face plastered on the wall of fame (P.S. you’ll get a t-shirt too!). If you don’t want to leave with a food baby, devour the foot-long banana chocolate chip pancake.
2. Have a bawl at Riley’s for the annual Testicle Festival. They serve free deep-fried testicles from buffalo, steer, boar, ram and goat. Are you ballsy enough to try this one?
3. After a long night of drinking, the baked mac & cheese at Chuck’s Cafe will surely fulfill your late-night munchies. Don’t forget to carry your Sharpie and leave your name somewhere on the wall (it’s a Syracuse tradition).
4. Pastabilities is highly overrated, but if you haven’t eaten the hot tomato oil and stretch bread, then you are missing out on life.
5. Experience a foodgasm: some may scream for their ice cream, but A La Mode Café & Catering’s sandwiches are the true climax.
7. Ichi, Ni, Sa! SAKE! SAKE! SAKE! BOMB! Have a blast knocking back the sake bombs at Tokyo Seoul.
8. What’s better than a fifty-fifty shot at free beer, all night long? At Faegan’s Café & Pub’s Flip Night, hope that luck is on your side and you will win a free drink. If not, you will pay – literally. Also, complete Feagan’s Beer Tour and have your name engraved on a plaque.
9. Strong Hearts Cafe’s milkshakes can surely bring all the boys to the yard, and damn right they’re better than Cosmos’. You know you want it.
10. One bite of a hotdog at Heid’s of Liverpool can prove that heaven is, in fact, a place on earth, and let’s not get started on the chilli cheese fries.
11. Empire Brewing Company’s burgers do not disappoint. The perfect dinner consists of the Tumbleweed Burger, a side of sweet potato fries and a craft beer for smooth swallows.
12. Curry can be a scary thing, but the lunch buffet at Samrat Indian Restaurant is well worth the trip to the bathroom!
13. If Guy Fieri of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives travelled across America to taste the food at Byblos Mediterranean Cafe, then you should probably make the trip too. The Falafel Wrap is to die for.
14. The buttermilk waffle topped with moose tracks ice cream at Funk n’ Waffles is a fan favorite. This orgasmic peanut butter cup and fudge combination will make you cream your panties.
15. Road trip! It’s an hour-long drive to Ithaca, but spending a day cliff jumping with your closest friends is worth the drive (only when it’s warm, obviously). The gorges, however, are not Ithaca’s only treasure. Italian Carry Out’s “Flying Squirrel” sub is like nothing you’ve ever tasted before! It’s unique infusion of chicken wings and Philly cheesesteak will blow your socks off.
16. Being so close to the Finger Lakes, you owe it to yourself to visit the Cayuga Wine Trail. Try different wines, maybe buy a bottle, and learn about the history of the winery. But don’t drink and drive!
17. The waiters at Dinosaur Bar-B-Que may seem intimidating, but that’s because they envy the customers who get to eat deviled eggs and mac & cheese. And, when you’re stuffing your face with the “Big Ass Pork Plate”, who wouldn’t be jealous?
18. Getting drunk in an old Methodist church? – How unorthodox and rebellious! Eat your way through a historic experience at The Mission Restaurant. Make sure to drink margaritas or share a pitcher of sangria with your friends.
19. Many underrated restaurants lie on Westcott. You can’t graduate without annihilating the catfish tacos at Alto Cinco and devouring a “Pig & Egg” sandwich at Beer Belly Deli & Pub.