By Kathryn Wood
Apple picking, corn mazes, and falling leaves; all of these autumnal activities, without a doubt, pair well with apple cider. But, sometimes you need that extra kick of caffeine and crave the cozy vibes of a coffee shop in the fall. Well, we have a recipe for the perfect drink that captures the aura of these both! Encompassing all aspects of coziness and fall weather, let us introduce you to the Apple Chai-der—you’re typical chai latte with a cider twist.
My personal love for chai has been a direct inspiration for this delicious recipe. A couple summers ago I became obsessed with drinking iced chai lattes from my local coffee shop. Thankfully the owner is amazing and eventually told me how they make them. I instantly ordered the same chai powder and started to recreate them daily in my kitchen. Wanting to explore the endless possibilities of chai variations, I came across a picture on instagram of chai with apple cider in it. However, it did not have the recipe attached. With the help of my mom, we brainstormed and concocted different ways and proportions that eventually led to the creation of the perfect Apple Chai-der!
Baked Magazine’s Apple Chai-der
Yield: 1 Delicious Drink
Total time: 5 minutes
2 tbsp chai tea powder
⅓ cup boiling water
8-12 oz apple cider
(optional) 1 cinnamon stick
- Place 2 tbsp of your choice of chai powder in a cup. Begin to boil ⅓ cup of water and heat your desired amount of apple cider (either stove top or microwaved).
- When the water comes to a boil, pour it over your chai powder. Mix until fully dissolved.
- Finally, add the heated apple cider to the chai mixture until the cup is filled.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and enjoy!
Iced Apple Chai-der variation:
- Do not heat your apple cider!
- After adding your boiled water and thoroughly mixing your chai powder, add ice to the cup.
- Then, pour your cold apple cider over it. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and enjoy!